I have seen this before where reseating actually fixed the problem.  I
have also seen this indicate faulty hardware/midplane.

Check the pins and whatnot to make sure none are bent as well.

Brian

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Shoaib Waqar wrote:

> I just got my router down, it was 3640, which had been
> working properly for last 3 months. It gave the
> following error message and then hung up:
>
> %ORINT: OIR Event has occured oir_ctrl 5000 oir_stat
> 8F8A
>
> I know that OIR is Online Insertion and Removal but
> the strange thing is that nobody inserted or removed
> any sort of hardware, and to utter astonishment, this
> msg came and surprised me. I also searched this eroor
> on TAC but there r only 4 of these error types OIR and
> i could not find this one. So any idea about this???
>
> P.S. 3640 has 12.1.8 IP/IPX/AT/DEC plus IOS and 16MB
> flash, 64 MB DRAM
>
> Shoaib

We have MOVED!! Make note of our new address!!!

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
318-213-4709              318-213-4701

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
333 Texas St.             VISA/MC/AMEX/COD
Suite 1401                30 day warranty
Shreveport, LA 71101      Cisco Channel Partner
p: 318-212-0245
f: 318-212-0246