Semion,

There's nothing wrong here.  MaxAge is non-configurable, and it is one
hour, just as you read in the RFC.

The Link State Age Interval you see in the "show ip ospf" output is simply
the interval at which the router will check for MaxAge LSAs in the
link-state database and delete them.  This "garbage collection" function
runs every 20 minutes in the Cisco router.  Any LSA that reaches MaxAge
stays in the link-state database until the next "garbage collection," but
will not be used in any SPF calculations.

According to the output you have given, any MaxAge LSAs in this router's
database will remain there for 16 minutes and 25 seconds, and will be
deleted after that.

Incidentally, these two lines of output no longer appear in IOS 12.0 and
above.

Pamela

At 01:53 AM 5/9/01 -0400, Semion Lisyansky