Hi Everyone,
    I know i didnt give many specs on my previous question but thats because
today was my first time out at the site. Here's what's going on there and i
believe I have the answer now for tomorrow.

They have 2 routers in the core (A=primary, B=backup). They have 18 remote
sites, most of which are cisco and there are a few remote nu-bridges (never
heard of these). My concern is with the cisco's for now. This is how they
have it set up. Each site has a primary PVC going to core_A, and has a
"backup" PVC going to core_B. I learned that the secondary is actually not a
"backup" PVC, but it is always up, so if the primary fails then that one is
still good and info will be sent to core_B and then from that to the
destination of core_A. They are using EIGRP as the routing protocol. Now,
what the issue here is: Some of the cisco branches are using the "backup"
PVC initially, even though the primary PVC is not down, basically causing
unnecesary traffic in between the 2 cores and taking 2 hops instead of one
to core_A. I got some help tonight and was told that this was more than
likely a path selection issue and setting the metrics to make the primary
PVC the more feasable route should do the trick. Also, I was told that I
could basically set the bandwidth statements for the 2 PVC's and make the
primary's higher, therefor making it the most feasable route...

    Also, when doing a "show ip eigrp neighbors" command on one of the
trouble branches, I noticed this: Where the uptime for the neighbor
connection is, the Backup neighbor connection (pvc) would say up for like 5
weeks, and the Primary neighbor connection (pvc) would keep bouncing every 3
minutes or so (not the frame pvc...it's always up, but the neighbor
connection bounces). I was told that i should check out the hello timers and
make sure that they are all alike throughout the eigrp network.

    Sorry this one was so long guys, I just noticed that a couple of people
took interest. If anybody has anything to add please feel free. Themore i go
in there tomorrow with the better. I have this bad feeling that all of the
above will be set correctly on the devices and I'm gonna be sitting there
with my head in my ass wondering what's next  ;)  Have a good one all, and
thanks,

Mark Z. ~ CCNP, CCDA (slowly realizing what it feels like to be a paper
CCNP...but working to change that)