Do you have an atm card in your router?

It sounds like to me, that you are seeing ATM OAM loopback cells every
10 seconds.

If you have an atm card in your router, I'd look for the following in
your configs:

atm pvc x x x aal5snap pir sir inarp oam 10

Your config may differ of course, but the point is, look at your atm
pvc config statement on the interface. You will see oam 10 in there
somewhere. Remove the oam 10 from the atm pvc, and this will disable
it.

HTH,

-Chuck