Hi..  I am very confused about multicast, May I ask questions as below

1)How to make the Windows PC or unix host join a multicast group let's say
224.0.0.9
2)How to send a multicast traffic  or how to test the mulitcast work?
3)I have a WAN router which has joined multicast 224.0.0.2/5/6, may I know
why it should be a multicast group? for what purppose normally. I know
224.0.0.2 is for all routers, 5 is for OSPF, 6 for OSPF designate router.
But whether it is a default setting or we have to make it join group

FastEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up
  Internet address is 50.100.160.2/22
  Broadcast address is 255.255.255.255
  Address determined by non-volatile memory
  MTU is 1500 bytes
  Helper address is not set
  Directed broadcast forwarding is disabled
  Secondary address 50.100.120.2/27
  Secondary address 50.100.122.2/26
  Multicast reserved groups joined: 224.0.0.2 224.0.0.5 224.0.0.6

4)Normally in what circumstance, we need to use multicast?