Hello all:

Thank you for everybody who answered my previous IS-IS question.

I have been compiling a preliminary list on the advantages and disadvantages
of IS-IS vs. OSPF, and where you might want to use one over the other.  This
is what I have come up with

IS-IS:
- has a foothold in ISP's for historical reasons, as it was developed
earlier than OSPF.   Therefore, for backwards compatibility, ISP's continue
to demand routers that can do IS-IS
- also is used for out-of-band SDH management by telcos
- Converges slightly faster than OSPF
- (Naturally) is multiprotocol, so can handle CLNS, and Decnet phase V
(which is CLNS)
- Has some features that OSPF does not that can be useful in special
situations, like the OL bit, etc.

OSPF
- Is better known, and documentation for it is more readily available
- Has an overall richer set of features than IS-IS (at least, until the
latest IS-IS revisions)
- Is the standard link-state routing protocol for enterprises, and is also
popular in ISP's.

Does anybody have anything to add?

Also, I would like to know what people think the future of IS-IS is,
particularly after the latest revisions.  Does anybody think that IS-IS will
be able to maintain and expand its foothold in ISPs, and even move to the
enterprise, or is it forever doomed to its niche (and why do you think so)?
I am especially interested in the opinions of people like Ms. Oppenheimer
and Mr. Berkowitz.

Thanx in advance