Hi all,

I'm studying BGP with Sam Halabi's book. I am confused with the usage of
update-source, the book use loopback0 as the source address in one of
the two IBGP speakers, and the other one set neighbor to that lookback
ip. According to the book:

        "If the IP address belongs to an Ethernet card that has some hardware
         problems and is shutting down every few minutes, the neighbor
connetion
         and the stability of the routing system will suffer."

I understand that if the ethernet card experience short time shutdown,
BGP with this configuration will prevent UPDATE message send out to
neighbor and thus enhance the stability. My question is if two iBGP
speakers involved only one map update-source to loopback, how about the
other one? Anyone has experience on such case in real live envirnoment?

TIA
Fanglo