I will be setting up a home lab towards the middle of the June.  I am
currently MCSE (NT) and CCNA Certified and am about to take CCDA.  I've had
a good bit of experience setting up simple 3 to 7 site frame relay networks,
plus alot of Internet access routers.

I want to study next for CCNP, then CCIE (Doesn't everyone these days).
Anyway, I know it is going to be a long road, but I want to get a home lab
so that I can practice.   My current employer does not have a lab for me to
use.

I know I want to buy a 2421 router for the four serial ports, but what else
do you recommend?  I plan on taking Routing, Switching, Remote Access and
Support, then CID, then CCIE.  So I guess I could build the lab slowly.  I
would like to know all that should be used, like an ISDN simulator, etc.  I
know that I need to spend $$$ on it, I have it, but don't want to waste any.

Also, I've seen very similar threads in the past on the group, but on
searching the archives, I come up with too many matches to filter through.
Since this is such a popular item, maybe groupstudy should have a link on
the website for recommended labs for certain tests, etc.  I'm sure that some
of the groupies would be willing to "show off" thier labs as models for us
lesser folks.

I'd like to know what to expect to pay for such items too, if that is not
too much to ask.

Thanks in advance,

Tom McNamara