Hi

The smallest IP space that ARIN assigns is a /19. Which means you are going
to have to use your providers IP space until you can prove that can use a
/20 in accordance with the guide lines that ARIN uses. I suggest you go to
the ARIN site and read up.

As for how long... that last time I filed for an ASN it took about one week
to get it. There are restrictions to getting an ASN too...

HTH
--
John Hardman CCNP MCSE