guys,

thanks for your imput .....

yes i was loosely discribing MPLS ...it does have all the functions you
state... and more ,

i must be mistaken about the RVSP because i seem to remeber reading
somewhere that cisco is favoring RSVP....and that there LDP is based on this

but hey i must be mistaken .........

also the RFC you list does not come up as valid ont the ITEF...please can
you re-send this

many thanks

steve