From: Irwin Lazar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 10:25 AM
To: 'Michael Cohen'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Isn't MPLS basically just ATM PNNI, but for layer 3?
[7:5765]

Just to clarify, most other vendors are now heading down the RSVP-TE road
for MPLS LDP provisioning (or at the very least, they are agreeing to
support RSVP-TE).  The RSVP-TE vs. CR-LDP argument seems to finally be dying
down.

It should be noted that RSVP-TE is only for path creation and setup, it
doesn't perform the same role as was envisioned for IntServ.

If anyone is interested in comparing the two protocols, Data Connection has
a good white paper on their site, which I link to from the MPLS Resource
Center - www.mplsrc.com.

Irwin