Thanks for all of the help and interesting discussion. I passed the CCIE
written today and it was a bitch. The written is only a test that is a
turning
point for focus. Yes it is hard and it also can be somewhat convoluted.
To avoid all of the questions about what did you use and "what was on the
exam" here is a synopsis that does not violate the agreement. (I hope!)

Preparing for the CCDP and CCNP are the best ways to get there. After that go
with a Cisco prep book (I used the Que CCIE prep). Read all of the white
papers that you can get your hands on from Cisco, concentrating on the areas
that you feel you are the weakest.

Hands on is the best teacher but it does not substitute for understanding. As
Cisco says the steps are  -   Hands on, self study & training.

Use the Rossi token paper @

http://www.ccprep.com/resources/news/archives/Token_Ring2.pdf

Confirm your knowledge of RIF's @

http://www.loopy.org/rif.cgi

Thanks Chad!!!!!

Read the cramsession @

http://www.cramsession.brainbuzz.com

Boson gives you an idea if you are ready but ...

The CID book is a great refresher and yes the blue print on Cisco.com is to
be
followed with reverence.
I have read alot of e-mails about what people did and did not see on the test
and they are all different. The blueprint is your best guide. Use it.

I will not answer specific questions about the exam but anything general
please feel free to email me personally.

On to the real test. ugh  Man I love this stuff!!

Bryan

CCDP,CCNP,MCSE,CNE

btw  ccie written is not a cert...