It is not true. My college tryed this and it is working with
DES also. However, you must have configured DH group 2 in
your PIX (VPN Client 3.0 doesn't support DH 1).

Michal

$1,000.00
> plus license
> for VPN clients.
>
> Can someone confirm this ?
>
> Alex Lee
>

> "Carroll Kong" wrote in message ...
> >At 05:17 PM 5/25/01 -0400, Vijay Ramcharan wrote:
> >>If anyone wasn't aware, V6.0 of the PIX software is now
available.
> >>And as I just found out, to use the VPN 3.0 client,
"isakmp policy ?
> >>group 2" must be used to enable successful
authentication.

> >>Vijay Ramcharan
> >
> >Are you sure this is not user configurable?  Group 2
refers to the
> >Diffie-Hellman group used.  I suppose unless they made it
> standard to not
> >allow you to use Group 1 (weaker), but sheesh, if they
made that the
> >requirement, how dare they let people use DES.
> >

> >-Carroll Kong
> >Report misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Report misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
Pxmchozm zprava neobsahuje viry.
Zkontrolovano antivirov}m systimem AVG
(http://www.grisoft.cz).
Verze: 6.0.240 / Virova baze: 116 - datum vydanm: 23.3.2001

---
Odchozm zprava neobsahuje viry.