I am testing MLS on a cat5500 and have not been able to demonstrate any
throughput improvement using FTP as a test application.  The cat5500 has
SupIII (4.5.12), RSM (12.0.7T) with NFFCII and 3 24port 10/100 ethernet line
cards.  I have 7 Vlans configured and the mls settings on both the RSM and
SupIII.  When FTP is run inter VLAN the throughput is same whether I have
MLS enabled or not on the SupIII card.  When MLS is enabled I have verified
functionality using the various show mls commands so I am sure its working I
just don't see any throughput improvement.  Is this a function of ftp client
and server performance (using laptops with 10/100 ethernet cards on NT)?
Should I use a different application or unix client / server to test
throughput?

If someone has any information I would appreciate your experience.