Forgive me if this sounds a little bit basic but this is what happens when
you
rush into things without understanding the fundamentals.
Suppose a 24 port 100Mbit switch called A is uplinked to another 24 port
100Mb
switch called B via a 1Gb connnection.
Suppose hosts D through N are on switch A and hosts M through X are on Switch
B.
Would conversations between the hosts from Switch A to Switch B occur one at
time or are multiple conversations multiplexed over the 1Gb uplink?

I'm just trying to find out if and how that 1Gb uplink is used up.  Thanks in
advance.
I'd put TIA but I hate those little acronyms.  No flames please.

Vijay Ramcharan