Hello,

I've been beating my head on the side of this router. I've searched the CCO
on how to enable the PA-2FE adapter, and found some information on
microcode. Then I found out the IOS I've upgraded to (12.1.(3)) already has
a current version built in. I don't recall learning anything about Microcode
in any of my studying. How does it differ from the IOS? Anyway, the adapter
card will not enable, and when I do a show diag 1 I get this:(see below)
show that it is powered off. I've searched everywhere to find the command to
power it on. Any suggestions?

Slot 1:
        Unknown (type 548) Port adapter
        Port adapter is disabled deactivated powered off
        Port adapter insertion time unknown
        EEPROM contents at hardware discovery:
        Hardware Revision        : 1.0
        PCB Serial Number        : MIC0516000Y
        Part Number              : 73-5419-06
        Board Revision           : A0
        RMA Test History         : 00
        RMA Number               : 0-0-0-0
        RMA History              : 00
        Deviation Number         : 0-0
        Model                    : PA-2FE-TX
        Part Number              : 800-08350-06
        EEPROM format version 4
        EEPROM contents (hex):
          0x00: 04 FF 40 02 24 41 01 00 C1 8B 4D 49 43 30 35 31
          0x10: 36 30 30 30 59 82 49 15 2B 06 42 41 30 03 00 81
          0x20: 00 00 00 00 04 00 80 00 00 00 00 CB 94 50 41 2D
          0x30: 32 46 45 2D 54 58 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20
          0x40: 20 C0 46 03 20 00 20 9E 06 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
          0x50: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
          0x60: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
          0x70: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

Thank You,
Robert Fowler
Network Administrator
MasTec, Inc.
Office: 305.406.3150
Fax: 305.599.7085
Email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MasTec Building the e-World

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this transmittal,
including  any attachment, is privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are
neither the intended recipient nor the employee or agent responsible for
that any disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of this transmittal is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this transmittal in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete this transmittal from any computer or other data
bank.