>Hi,
>
>i have seen recently a vast amount of non-cisco related questions recently
>and i thought that i would try my luck ....
>
>my uncle needs some heart surgery and was wondering if anyone has some
>advise.....

Well, I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but both having done
some biomedical engineering and also having been through
angioplasties, bypass, pacemakers, and various research procedures...

>Is it like BGP or OSPF routing when trying to track a blood clott...
>left ventricle first..unless there is a weight on the right...

No, it's more like static routing. There is also separation of the
control and forwarding planes.

In the forwarding plane, venous blood (veins flow to the heart,
arteries flow from the heart), enters the right atrium, then to the
right ventricle, then to the lungs, then to the left atrium, then the
left ventricle.  Various valves and vessels also are involved.

Routing loops are Bad Things and need to be corrected surgically.

The control plane is more like HSRP.  The primary biological
pacemaker, or HSRP primary, is in the sinoatrial (SA) node, with a
basic beat frequency of 75.  The signal then should go to the
atrioventricular (AV) node, which has a "watchdog timer" and the
ability to act as a pacemaker with a basic frequency of 60.  If the
AV node doesn't hear an SA trigger in a certain period, it becomes
the active pacemaker.  Similarly, the ventricles also have backup
pacing ability at a rate of about 25.  I have a problem between the
SA and AV nodes, and my electronic pacemaker fires off when it
doesn't see the pulse that it thinks it should, giving me a normal
rate of 95.  The pacemaker is smart enough to sense physical activity
and turn up the rate if I'm exercising.

The series of backups doesn't always work correctly.  Ventricular
fibrillation, beloved of ER shows, is essentially a condition where
random parts of the ventricles act as their own pacemakers. It's like
a bunch of input interfaces kind of randomly throwing packets around
without even aiming at the right output interface.

A cardiac catheterization/angiogram is something like a debug, in
that the probe may block vessels while doing its measurements. Stress
tests, which may be done with exercise (treadmills or bicycles) or
with stimulating drugs, are more like extended pings for performance.

There's actually a very nice page at the NIH Clinical Center, where I
am followed on a research basis:
http://rover.nhlbi.nih.gov/labs/7east/cardtests.htm