I am a little confused why Diffie-Hellmen's key exchange is needed for IKE.
When I setup ISAKMP, regardless of the authentication I am using I need to
supple a key weather pre-share, public/private, or RSA sig. If this is the
case why can't the two VPN peer just use this key for setting up the VPN
tunnel or vice versa why can't Diffie-Hellmen's key exchange be used instead
of the ISAKMP keys. I hope my question is clear. It just seems
Diffie-Hellmen is used to create secret keys and I have to create secret key
myself to setup IKE.