Dude......  everyone's been having a little fun here with this NT -vs- Unix
things.... then someone's gotta get all defensive about it....

To assume that any OS or software package is "finished" is purely naive...
to assume anything can be perfect is the same.
To assume that good things can't be written in a month, or to assume they
take years to write is the same.
To assume that WinNT/2K are great OSes because they're based on a working OS
is the same.
If you trust your ATM machine to Windows, it's the same.

I've been a NT server admin for years (actually I'm not now because I'm in
networking =), and I've seen NT run stable before...... but I don't think
anyone can argue that WinNT is as flexible and stable as Unix.  I mean, how
many times do you know of an ISP that simply recompiled some routines into
the NT kernal so that all of their usage details and systems information was
collected in a nice neat package.  Not gonna happen.  Unix gives that
flexibility.  Do they release "service packs" and patches and security
patches on a weekly basis for Unix like they  do for NT?   Does Unix have a
monopolistic creator that tries to violate everyone's  privacy at every
turn?

I don't know why you wouldn't trust Unix on your ATM considering most of the
banks, etc are using Unix or IBM AIX or something...... way more than
NT...... get a clue

"Jason"  wrote in message
> What was your point ? That Multics sucks , and by the same token,
therefore
> Unix sucks and NT/W2K rules !!! At least, NT/W2K was based on a working
> operating system. Anyone of you notice that Unix is all about ego ? If
Unix