Hi all,

Fairly basic question I think, but as I've not had anything to do with
Newsgroups before this one, I don't know the answer:

I take it that if you subscribe, you send an e-mail which goes to everyone
who's subscribed, but if you don't subscribe, (ie. you just post to the
newsgroup) the only people that see your message are the ones that view the
newsgroup.

Is this the case, or have I got it wrong?

One more quick question. Has the formatting of the threads gone all to pot.
I've sent a couple of e-mails to Paul with a low priority asking if
something is wrong, as I have a couple of other news groups which are fine.
The problem seems to be that threads never seem to go deeper than one post,
threads get separated, threads marked as 'watched' do not function
correctly.

Anybody?

Cheers,

Gaz

""Michael L. Williams""  wrote in message
> FOLLOW UP MESSAGE:
>
> I went back and looked at your other messages.  There were ALOT of
> questions.  Some were broad...... broad enough that a simple Google search
> or search of Cisco's website could have found some answers.
>
> I'm not flaming you at all...... but when you have 13 (!!) questions, try
> break them up into separate messages or groups of related messages each
with
> a descriptive headers..... that might get a better response.  But also,
the
> group likes people that have at least put some effort into answering their
> own questions.  And questions like:
>
> "What is the purpose of ICMP messages?"
> "What are the features of SNMP ? "
> "What is ERLANG  B?"
>
> don't show any indication that you've at least done a simple web search to
> find your answers.
>
> Here's what I found:
>
> "What is the purpose of ICMP messages?"
> Google (http://www.google.com) search using the search terms "purpose