Can someone please shed some light on this? I have read many times (on
p153-158) on Cisco BCMSN book but still very confused between on the
following 4 commands:  And I don't understand when do you have to use
them, since I thought root port is determined by the lowest path cost.
If equal, it goes for the lowest Bridge ID.  And if it still equals, it
goes for the lowest port ID.

1) set spantree portpri 2/3  [vlans]
VS
2) set spantree portvlanpri 2/3  [vlans]

And

3) set spantree portcost 2/3
VS
4) set spantree portvlancost 2/3 cost  [vlan]

Thanks!

Regards,
Hunt Lee
IP Solution Analyst