Since you touched the Linux box it would be the first suspect.
Can you verify that there was no configuration change? - even by accident?
If there was a change, can you roll it back to original?
Are there other computers or printers connected to the hub?
Is the hub single speed or dual speed? (10/100)
(Thinking about speed/duplex mismatches.)
How does the Linux box configure the default route? Does it point to its own
E0 interface or to the remote GW? (Thinking about filling its ARP cache)