What codec are you using?  If the speed of the link is T1 or less I would
definitly do LFI. Otherwise large packets (1500 bytes) could be starving
the voice from the minimum latency that it needs.

Brian

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Amit Gupta wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I have configured the following parameters on the
> serial interface for VoIP.The quality of the calls is
> not very good during working hours you can feel some
> delay/small interruptions while using it.
>
> interface serial 0
> ip tcp header-compression iphc-format
>  no ip mroute-cache
>  no fair-queue
>  ip rtp header-compression iphc-format
>  ip rtp priority 16384 16383 64
>
> Could anybody suggest any other alternative to improve
> the quality.
> Will removing the compression help ?
> Do I need to have something like Link Fragmentation
> and Interleaving configured.
>
> Thanks
>
> Amit

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
318-213-4709              318-213-4701

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
333 Texas St.             VISA/MC/AMEX/COD
Suite 1401                30 day warranty
Shreveport, LA 71101      Cisco Channel Partner
toll free: 866-2NETJAM
phone:     318-212-0245
fax:       318-212-0246