Hi Group,
    I vill say ziss only vonce.

Okay, its my second attempt at trying to work out how I can bridge IP across
to 2500's.

I have 2 2500's configured with "no ip routing". 2 PC's are connected at
either end, i.e one to bridge 1
and one to bridge 2. I have a sniffer on both PC's. I am attempting to ping
from one PC to the other.
IEEE spanning tree is applied on both bridges. The bridges are connected via
serial cable and the serial
ports of the bridges as well as the Ethernet ports are in bridge group 1.

I have verified spanning tree operation and one of the serial ports has been
elected root port on bridge 1,
the other bridge is the designated bridge. Ref : Radia Perlman,
Interconnections p.83.
So far so good.

I have configured the PC's with a default gateway to the IP address of each
of
the bridges.
When I attempt to ping from one PC to the other, I can see from my Sniffer
trace that the PC ARP's for
the MAC Address of the bridge, this ARP is successful and the PC then sends
out an ICMP echo request.
This echo request appears to be my problem since the destination MAC address
of this packet contains
the Ethernet Mac address of the local bridge and the local bridge
consequently
disregards the packet.
Should the PC have an ARP entry installed for the destination IP address that
I am pinging ?

Has anyone achieved this scenario ? or am I way off mark with my thinking
here.

The reason I set this LAB up was because so many questions appear to be being
asked at CCIE written level
akin to this setup i.e can PC 1 ping PC 2 in similar arrangement using
(RSRB/DLSW+/SRB etc)

Any comments welcome.

Regards,

Phil.