All,

I currently have a 2611 with a 3COM modem connected to the AUX port.

The below is my configuration, I suppose what I need is a way to have the
router tell the modem to dial the details in my async interface. I'm not
exactly sure what I've done wrong but somethings not right :)

Could someone enlighten me on the best way to have my router dial out and
establish a ppp connection via authentication as well.

I have been unable to find sufficent information on the TAC pages of CISCO
hopefully someone can help.

Thanks
Brandon

username XXXXX password 0 XXXXX
!
interface Async65
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0/0
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation ppp
 ip tcp header-compression passive
 no ip mroute-cache
 dialer in-band
 dialer idle-timeout 2000000
 dialer enable-timeout 10
 dialer string 82109001
 autodetect encapsulation ppp
 async mode dedicated
 compress mppc
 no cdp enable
 ppp authentication chap callin
!
line aux 0
 password XXXXX
 autoselect arap
 autoselect during-login
 autoselect ppp
 login
 modem InOut
 modem autoconfigure discovery
 transport preferred none
 transport input all
 stopbits 1
 speed 115200
 flowcontrol hardware

1w5d: TTY65: Modem type is default
1w5d: TTY65: Modem command:  --AT&F&C1&D2S0=1H0--
1w5d: TTY65: Modem configuration succeeded
1w5d: TTY65: Detected modem speed 115200
1w5d: TTY65: Done with modem configuration