Hi Group,

Please if you can just drop a line across to me, it
might really help me.

Has any one install a 2600 series router at the other
end of a microwave radio link through the ethernet
port be it 0/0 or 0/1?

I have tried this on several occasions but it would
not work, for reasons I have not found out.

The setup is like this. I have a microwave radio link
which is perfect. If you connect your computer to the
the radio through a cross-over cable you would browse
the net fine. My desire is to place this client in a
different subnet/network. I introduce a router in
place of the computer connecting to e0/0 of the 2600
using  a cross-over cable. The other e0/1 of the
router is then connected to the computer using another
cross-over cable. The radio is getting its link from
another router whose ip-address is 64.86.155.221/28,
the radio's ip-address is 64.86.155.155/28, the e0/0
interface of the 2600 is 64.86.155.156/28, the e0/1 is
192.168.0.1/24. The routing protocol is 'igrp 200'.

After the above configurations, the best I can get is
the replication of all the routes learned by this
router from the other one over the microwave radio
link, but my computer can browse the net. Remove the
2600 router and plug the computer straigt into the
radio you would be able to browse the net.

This is my dilemma. The questions that race through my
mind without answer are:

1. Is it that I can't use the interface e0/0 and e0/1
to make a WAN link over a microwave radio?

2. Do I need to install an ethernet interface WAN
module in the WAN slot provided in the router.

3. Are mine just missing something.

4. Please remind me of what the missing link seem
like.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Oletu H. G.