The only thing unique about a private ASN is that your upstream providers or
"peers" should you have them will not communicate with you.  However, within
your own routing domain, you are free to treat the ASN just like a public
one.  With respect to your questions, yes, you can run EBGP to RR clients or
any other BGP speakers in your network and internal to your own network, so
long as you don't explicity deny the use of private ASN's, all will work
normally. Should you require external connectivity to your private ASN
space, you'll need to properly advertise that space from your valid AS.  You
may want to reseach confederations as they may be valuable tool to help you
scale your network, though are a disruptive conversion due to the need to
change your ASN on all your existing BGP speakers.

HTH

Pete