In my experience, no.  I've turned on IP accounting on routers doing
hundreds of megabits of traffic with no noticable effects.  Course,
there are always the potential for bugs/instabilities in the code, but
barring this I think you should be fine.

Just watch the CPU via "sh proc cpu" before and immediately after
turning on IP accounting. If you start seeing the CPU spike very
high you can always disable the accounting.

HTH,
Kent