Group,

I have a 2522 that's doing something strange.  The 2522 has 10 serial
interfaces - 2 sync and 8 sync/async.  The 2 sync interfaces (Serial ints 0
& 1) and the first two of the sync/aync int (Serial ints 2 &3) are on the
bottom row of the router and Serial sync/async ints 4-9 are on the top row
(I include this for people who didn't know).  My problem is I can't get "Up
and Up" for any of the top row of sync/async Serial interfaces - it's only
"UP and Down"!?!  Where's my line protocol problem?

I'm connecting to a 2501.   The 2501's config is this:

interface Serial0
 ip address 192.168.1.150 255.255.255.0
 no fair-queue
 clockrate 64000
!
!
router rip
 version 2
 network 192.168.1.0

The 2522's config is this:

hostname 2522
!
interface Serial1
 ip address 192.168.1.201 255.255.255.0
 !
router rip
 version 2
 network 192.168.1.0
!

Simple enough  - - right?

If I take the IP address (or any other IP add scheme) off of int Ser1 of the
2522 (or Ser 0, 2 or 3) and apply it to Ser's 4-9, the ints will only go to
UP and DOWN.  It's like the whole top row of the 2522 will not turn Up and
Up.  On the other hand, when I use the exact same configs on Serial ints 0-3
I get Up and Up.  What am I missing?  Switched cables, played with different
IP schemes, different routing protocols, connected to different routers
rather than the 2501, switched DCE/DTE connections, changed the encaps to
FR, bumped the routers a few times, checked CCO - nuttin'!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Sean C.

CCNP, CCDP, MCSE
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]