Im about 1/3 the way through Giles book right now.
I've found a few errors but not too many.  The
coverage of the layer 1 and 2 material is very
detailed though I wish it was organized a little
better (Trying to learn all about MAC address in
ethernet, token ring and FDDI at the same time is a
bit much (no pun intended :)  I would recommend it for
the lower layer stuff and would recommend starting
your written study there.

Ben, CCNP

http://www.ciscopress.com/series.cfm?series=2&subseries=17&news=0

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/compare/isbn/0071356762

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?q=1578701651&t=ISBN&x=16&y=18

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?t=ISBN&q=1578700469

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?t=ISBN&q=1578702275

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?t=ISBN&q=1578701961

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?t=ISBN&q=1578701686

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?t=ISBN&q=157870233x

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?t=ISBN&q=158705017x

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?t=ISBN&q=1578702135

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?t=ISBN&q=1578700949

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?t=ISBN&q=1578700418

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?t=ISBN&q=1578700833

http://www6.bestwebbuys.com/books/search?t=ISBN&q=1578700779

> > > Compaq's FDDI papers

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/archives/networks/fdsld-sd.pdf

http://www.ccprep.com/resources/news/archives/Token_Ring2.pdf

> > > All the best !!!
> > > Phil

[EMAIL PROTECTED]