Fellow Engineers,

I have the following problem:
I'm trying to hook up a Cisco 3640, configured with 6 IS-IS processes for 6
different area's to another vendor's equipment (an SDH network element with
OSI as it's management protocol).

The problem here is that some adjacencies are formed, some or not. After
thorough investigation, we found that in an LSP the maximum area addresses
field is set to 3 (by default). The other vendor's equipment has no means of
changing this value.

Question: Is this value (the max. area number field) changeable? If so, how?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Remmert
CCNA, CCDA, CCNP-wannabe