There are two types of conferences with Call Manager 3.x, both need to
be configured in the Call Managerm under Services ---> Conference Bridge

1) Ad Hoc conference - where you have an existing call and you want to
conference another person or persons into the call.

        A) While you have an active call press the CONF soft key, this
will place the first    call on hold and give you a dial tone to dial
the person you want to conference in.   Once the person is on the line,
press the CONF soft key to join both calls together.    Repat process to
add more indiviuals.

1) Meet-Me Conference - where people call into a conference bridge that
has been set up before hand.

        B) In order to use a meet me conference someone must establish
the meet me conference.         To establish the Meet Me conference,
pickup the handset on your IP Phone and press the       MeetMe soft key,
now dial in the number configured for MeetMe conferenceing. No people
can call into the conference bridge number and be connected to the
conference. You         will here a short beep on the line when someone
joins into the conference.

Tim Medley - CCNA, CCDA
Network Architect
VoIP Group