If I understand your question right, one of the reasons is for split
horizon.  I you have a hub and spoke frame relay network and lets say your
hq router has a pvc to dallas and a pvc to boston both comming in to your s0
interface.   well split horizon says that you will not send out a routing
update out of the same interface that it came in from.  So if you receive a
routing update from boston into your s0 interface it will not forward the
update to dallas because split horizon will not let it go out the same
interface that it came from even though it is going to dallas not boston.
It is to prevent routing loops.  do a search on split horizon and routing
loops for a more detailed explaination.

Hope this helps.

George, Head Janitor, CCNA CCDA
Cisco Systems