Hi all

I want some help regarding connecting cisco routers across a frame relay
based TDMA  ( Time Division Multiple Access ) Network. In TDMA network, main
site (hub) is connected to different remote site having remote unit (each
site has differet DLCI). At main site there are two different path, one for
transmission (Tx) and other for Receive (Rx). So at main site a Frame Relay
switch is used to switch data from TX and RX path to DTE device ( e.g Cisco
router). Currently a main cisco router is connected to switch port and
differnt remote router connected to remote terminal (star topology). The
configuration used is at main site subinterfaces are created for each remote
site and set specific interface dlci for each subinterface).

Configuration at main router

interface s0
encapsulation frame-relay
no keep-alive         ( as TDMA has lmi disabled)
no ip address

interface s 0.1
ip addr 192.168.21.1 255.255.255.0
frame-relay interface-dlci 17

interface s 0.2
ip addr 192.168.22.1 255.255.255.0
frame-relay interface-dlci 18

and so on as depend on number of remote site

Cofiguration at remote sites

interface s 0
encapsulation frame-relay
no keep-alive
no ip address

interface s0.1
ip addr 192.168.21.2 255.255.255.0
frame-relay interface-dlci 17

and same at all remote site routers.

How can I replace frame relay switch by using two serial port of Cisco
router and route data from both TX and Rx path to LAN ethernet port?
I want to eliminate switch and want same work with cisco router.

My understanding is that cisco router works as frame relay switch by
receiving data of a specific dlci from a serial port and swich to different
serial port with a differnt or same dlci. Can Cisco router transmit and
receive data of same dlci at different serial ports and route these data to
LAN ethernet interface?

Waiting for help.

Thanks

Khurrum