Thanks for the compliments. You are very sweet. I recommend the Sybex CID
book by Robert Padjen. He got the gist of the CID test very well. I don't
know if he's updating it for the new version. I would imagine he is. As I
mentioned, the version control is out of control though, so it's hard to
keep up. I can't tell which books go with which version of the test and
what is actually on the current version of the test. ..... Sorry.

Priscilla

At 11:40 PM 6/11/01, hal9001 wrote:
>Priscilla,
>
>You have more than done you bit and I might now quote to all potential
>MCSE's 2000 that the firstbook quoted in the New Riders Series for #70-221
>Exam Network Infrastructure Design was.......Top Down Network Design by you
>know who.  As for you recommendations to your book surely we start with TDND
>and work our way through the whole design process.  TDND is the basis of
>Network Design FULL STOP.
>
>Karl
>
>P.S. Got any other good sources though!

Top-Down
> > Network Design. I guess this is a good thing. I always wanted the CID
>class
> > to teach more top-down methodology which I came up with after I wrote my
> > version of CID. I'm kind of upset that they didn't tell me about this
> > usurping of my material, but it's par for the course (so to speak).
> >
> > The good news is that I think I can now authentically recommend my book
>for
> > CID:
> >
> > Top-Down Network Design.
> >
> > Priscilla

>testimonials
> > >
> > >The Sybex book is good for CID. In this case the author took the test
>many
> > >times to make sure the book covers what's really on the test. Since
Cisco
> > >seems to be incapable of explaining accurately what is really on the
>test,
> > >that's the only way to know for sure.
> > >
> > >The CID version control is out of control and could affect the decision
>on
> > >which book is best. The course outline (which says version 3.0) here
> > >includes VPN, voice and video stuff. But I know that 3.0 really doesn't
> > >include those topics.
> > >

>http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/front.x/wwtraining/CELC/index.cgi?action=Cour
>seDesc&COURSE_ID=321
> > >
> > >The list of the exam objectives here are the list of objectives that I
> > >wrote for each chapter in 1995 for Version 2.0. Seriously. Notice that
>the
> > >list doesn't cover WAN Switching, for example, which is, in fact, in
3.0.

>http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/testing/current_exa
>ms/640-025.html
> > >
> > >So it's truly a mess. Sorry I can't be more help. Everyone I knew at
>Cisco
> > >got laid off! ;-)
> > >
> > >Priscilla

Like