Hi All,

The scenario is such that I have 2 subnets configured
on the LAN. They are x.x.1.0 / 24 and x.x.2.0 / 24.
The IP address for the Routers ethernet port are
x.x.1.1 and x.x.2.1. Similarly workstations in either
subnet point to these addresses ( x.x.1.1 and x.x.2.1
) as their default gateways.
I am having Cat 5509 and Cat 6609 ( With MSFC) with
all the ports in the default VLAN1

I have the following queries on this :
Config on MSFC

Can the IP addresses of the vlan interfaces be any one
of the free IP address available on the LAN.
For eg x.x.1.3

What will be the default gateway address configured on
MSFC in this case ? ( Will it point towards the
address  of the Ethernet interface of the External
router )

On the Switches

Can both switches be configured in the VTP Server mode
?
Do the trunk ports have to have an IP address ?

DHCP Server

How would I have to define the scopes on the DHCP
server.
Suppose I plan to have 1 Vlan configured for 1 subnet
and 4 VLANs in the second subnet. How to go about it.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help/ suggestions