Hello,

Does anyone know if Cisco IOS (any version) supports IPSEC passthrough over
NAT ?

I need to make the following configuration running:

[Server]---[VPN gateway]------internet-----[Cisco1600,NAT]----[Client]

- Client (a PC with IPSEC VPN client) should have access to Server over
IPSEC VPN
- Cisco 1600 makes NAT with overload
- IPSEC protocol is IPSEC ESP (not AH)

I have two options:
-to do something with Cisco to let it pass IPSEC traffic;
-to switch VPN in UDP-encapsulated mode (IPSEC-over-UDP), which works over
the most dumb NAT (we have to pay for upgrade, however).

So my question is, does Cisco suppport IPSEC passthrough ?

Alexander