I dont think there is any such thing as an "affordable" ISDN simulator but i
got the Emutel Solo and it works like a champ. It has configurable S/T or U
interfaces and supports all kinds of switch types. It is comparable to the
Teltone ILS 2000 ($2800) and the price direct from Arca technologies is
$1995. The only problem is that buying it direct is a HUGE pain in the butt.
I eventually bought mine from the supplier that is associated with
ccbootcamp.com. It was more then the direct price but saved a lot of time an
hassle. They sell for pretty big bucks on Ebay so i figure if after i am
done with it i can sell it for 70% of what i payed it isn't so painful.  HTH

Ed