Hi All,

Topology of my network.

|--------------(fe)SB3(1.1.15.2)
1.1.13.1
SB1 (fe)---- (fe)R3 (fddi)------(fddi)R5 (pos)------- (pos)R1
(pos)--------- (pos)R4(fe) ---------(fe)SB2(1.1.16.2)

|(atm)                                                           |(atm)

legend :

R : CISCO 7505 routers running IOS 12.0(16)ST
fe : fast ethernet
atm : ATM
POS : Packet over sonet
FDDI : FDDI
SB : smart bits

SB1 has 2 streams of traffic. One destined to SB3 and another to SB2. I
have two MPLS tunnels set up(tunnel 3 and tunnel 4). I am running OSPF
as my intra domain routing protocol.

Path for tunnel3 : R3 ---- R5 ---- R1 ---- R4
Path for tunnel4 : R3 ---- R5 ---- R4

Pbm. : If I want the traffic reaching SB3 to go through tunnel 3 and the
traffic reaching SB2 to go through tunnel 4, what am I supposed to do at
router R3 ????....  I tried using policy based routing but I am not sure
if I configured it the right way.  The config I did for policy based
routing is given below. Also, I understand that when I create a MPLS
tunnel and reserve bandwith for QoS it is done from R3 to R4 and is not
end to end. In order for me to do it end to end, how do I do it. (e.g.)
the QoS is guaranteed only until the POS of R4 and not until the fe
interface that connects R4 to SB3.

access-list 2 permit 1.1.15.2
access-list 3 permit 1.1.16.2
route-map escher permit 10
 match ip address 2
 set interface Tunnel3
!
route-map escher1 permit 10
 match ip address 3
 set interface Tunnel4
!
interface tunnel 3
ip policy route-map escher
!
interface tunnel 4
ip policy route-map escher1

When I start sending data from SB1 I see the traffic reaching SB2 and
SB3 but the traffic flowing through tunnel4 is 0 and I presume traffic
is flowing through the other tunnel.

Another question I have is if I am sending about 100 Mbps of traffic
thorugh SB1 towards SB2(50Mbps) and SB3(50 Mbps) then if the tunnel is
configured only to carry 30000 kbps of traffic, will any traffic go
through the tunnel or would it just follow the shortest path provided by
OSPF. I guess I want to know how to find out whether traffic is going
through tunnel or through OSPF routing.

Any pointers or reading material suggestions would be highly
appreciated.

Please help, thanks in advance and for your patience to read through my
mail.

Thanks,
Krishnan.