This is more a discussion on bus loading.

In a document from Networkers 2000 - "Cisco 7000 Family Hardware
Configuration and Performance Optimization", Session 2805

the term IBBF, Interface Bus Bandwidth Factor is talked about.

On page 90 of the powerpoint presentation, it lists the MC-E3 with an IBBF
of 64 and the T3 with an IBBF of 113. This totals 177.  The same page says
that an IBBF of 500 is the load limit for a VIP2.  For info, the 8T has an
IBBF of 40

On the 7513 there are 2 cybus'. Each cybus can handle an IBBF of 1066.  This
takes in all the cards plugged into that particular cybus.

So, the VIP2 can handle the two high speed PAs but you still might want to
put one on the other cbus.

However, if your router is that close to 1066, you have other problems.

Just a fyi, to check how loaded your cbus is, give the command:

show controller cbus utilization.

Kevin Wigle