Hi Gang,

I have been presented with a project to configure a remote isdn connection.
We will be using ISDN to connect a remote site into our central site.  I
have two separate ISDN lines at each end which I want to be able to combine
(multilink) for a total bandwidth of 256.

I believe this can be done using a rotary group but I have never configured
this before.  I am used to configuring legacy ddr.  So I have been looking
on the Cisco site and in documentation cd and there are a couple of
questions I have.

First, here is some basic information on my two routers.  The central site
is composed of a Cisco 3640 with a bri card and internal NT1's.  The remote
site will have a Cisco 2611 with a bri card and internal NT1's.  I will be
connecting two bri's on each end.  The remote end will be calling in to the
central site but no one on the central site will be calling out.

I have found the following information on the Cisco site regarding
configuring legacy ddr:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/dial_
c/dcbri.htm#21895

I have a couple of immediate questions.  One is, do I need to identify the
SPID's and if so, where?  Normally I would define these under the bri
interface.  By the way, my switch type is basic-ni on both ends.

Also, under the interface dialer would I need to define a dialer map
statement for each separate channel?  i.e.

dialer map ip 1.2.3.4 name centralsite broadcast 1112223333
dialer map ip 1.2.3.4 name centralsite broadcast 1112224444
dialer map ip 1.2.3.4 name centralsite broadcast 1112225555
dialer map ip 1.2.3.4 name centralsite broadcast 1112226666

Here is what I have as far as a config so far on my remote router:

interface BRI1/0
 description **to 84.252 bri 0/0**
 no ip address
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer rotary-group 1
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
 isdn spid1 2814650193000 4650193
 isdn spid2 2814650194000 4650194
 ppp authentication chap pap callin
 ppp multilink
!
interface BRI1/1
 description **to 84.252 bri 0/1**
 no ip address
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer rotary-group 1
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
 isdn spid1 2812974325000 2974325
 isdn spid2 2812974326000 2974326
 ppp authentication chap pap callin
 ppp multilink
!
interface BRI1/2
 no ip address
 shutdown
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
 isdn T203 10000
!
interface BRI1/3
 no ip address
 shutdown
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
 isdn T203 10000
 --More--
interface Dialer1
 ip address 152.x.x.241 255.255.255.252
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer in-band
 dialer idle-timeout 1200
 dialer map ip 152.x.x.242 name centralsite broadcast 7133860442
 dialer map ip 152.x.x.242 name centralsite broadcast 7133860443
 dialer-group 1
 ppp authentication chap
 ppp multilink
!
Thanks for any help or pointers!

Heather Buri
CSC Technology Services - Houston

Phone:  (713)-961-8592
Fax:            (713)-961-8249
Mobile:
Alpha Page:

Mailing:        1360 Post Oak Blvd
              Suite 500
              Houston, TX 77056

EOM

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of the
addressee named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.
If you have received this message in error please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]