From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Vichai Viriyathanaporn
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 6:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Please Help! Urgent!!! [7:8485]

My company have an Alpha Server at Head Office. The server's IP address is
10.1.1.1 and netmask is 255.0.0.0. This Alpha Server OS version can not
change the subnet mask. My company have sevaral branch. The Nework Number on
each brach look like 10.2.0.0, 10.3.0.0, 10.4.0.0, .... .
I cannot add static route like 10.2.0.0, 10.3.0.0, ...
on Alpha Server.Because it's not accept. (It's Network Number is 10.0.0.0)

At Head Office, There are 2 Cisco Routers to Connect to branch A.
Each Router connect to branch A on different Path. There are only
one router at branch A but two Serial interface. The 1st Serial interface
connect to H/O. The another connect to the other branch.
Let's say the Network Number of Branch A is 10.2.0.0.
Pls. see the picture

H/O-----R1----------------------------------Ra---Brach A
     |                                     |
     |--R2----------{Rx--Branch C--Rx}-----

When Server at H/O send packet to address 10.2.1.1 that the host address in
branch A. It broadcast then R1 an R2 catch the packet then tried to send to
branch A. Cisco Router automatically send the packet.
(There are no static route to brach A on Server (because I cannot do that,
the server does not accept it) and the Default Route is not both R1 and R2.)

I want R1 is a main router to send packet. If Serial interface of R1 down
then R1 send the packet to R2. (I do this by manual configure
static route and set the cost on R1)

But in the real world it cannot do like that. Because R1 and R2 are
automatically forward the packet.

Is there a command to disable the automatically forward?

Don't try to tell me to change the IP Numbering
because there are a lot of factor that I can not do that.