A SWAG is that the router's memory doesn't have enough space for the running
config. At issue is whether that is normal for what you are doing vs the
amount of DRAM .. or .. whether there is a bug in your version of IOS that
is causing a memory leak. The former can be solved with more DRAM. The
latter with an IOS update. Check on the CCO TAC page for "Troubleshooting
Memory Problems".