Could you capture with a protocol analyzer the actual Wake on LAN packet?
It's always been a mystery to me. But my guess is that it's not a routable
packet.

On the other hand, is it even a packet or it is just an electrical surge or
something?

I suggest you find out more about what the Wake on LAN sender actually
sends. Maybe somebody else knows. We did discuss it once before. Check the
archives. We did not discusss it from the point of view of it crossing a
router, though.

Priscilla

At 03:29 PM 6/15/01, khramov wrote:
>Is there a special config on a router for wake on lan to work?

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com