You could use a 12sp+ or a VIP30. These are a couple of the origional
Cisco IP Phones that Cisco aquired from Selsius.

You would still need a Call Manager to actually use the Ip Phones. They
cannot just talk to each other.

You're best bet for the CIPT and CVoice tests are to take the actual
cisco courses.

In my experience both the CVoice and CIPT exams really actual hands on
experience.
You could get away with studying the Course notes and CCO. Cisco Press
just released a hardbound edition of the CVoice class material and there
is a similar book being released in August for the CIPT.
http://www.ciscopress.com

If your interested I may still have a couple of Cisco 12sp+ IP Phones
collecting dust that i'd sell off.

Tim Medley CCNP + Voice
Network Architect
VoIP Group