I just passed the Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting (CIT) Exam (SUPRT
640-506) and if you're familiar at all with this exam, you know it's one of
the toughest Cisco exams in the CCNP certification track . Covering
troubleshooting techniques for Appletalk, Novell, Frame Relay WANs, ISDN,
VLANs and much more, it's not an exam to be taken lightly.

I took many approaches to study for and pass this exam. First I took the
Global Knowledge 5-day training course. This was an intensive but
interesting course that was about 50/50 lecture and lab.

Then I bought the CIT study guide from Cheet-sheets.com. This cost more than
$30 but it was a great investment. It has more than 100 questions and
answers that are very similar to questions that are on the exam. Any
questions that I couldn't answer from the study guide I looked up in my copy
of Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting from Cisco Press.

Once I felt confident that I had studied enough, I scheduled, took, and
passed the CIT exam. Let me give you a bit of advice: if you do not study
for this exam, you will fail, it's just that simple. Unlike other Cisco
exams where if you have enough hands-on experience with routers or switches
you can take the exam without studying and pass, this exam covers such a
broad array of technologies that it's highly unlikely that you have hands-on
experience with all of them. And if you're weak in just one or two areas,
like Appletalk and Novell, and you take this exam hoping to pass, you will
fail.

Now that I've passed CIT I'm studying for other exams and I'm auctioning off
all of my CIT study materials including the Global Knowledge class
materials, the Cheet-sheets.com study guide and a brand new CIT book from
Cisco Press.  You can find the auction and more details here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1247767685.

Best of luck to you on your studies!

-Marc