I haven't been around much lately or had time to read much, but I still like
to post odd tid-bits that I run into.

Cisco 7960 IP phones (probably all of the 79xx line) can run 100mbit
full-duplex.  However, they will not run full-duplex on a Catalyst 4006
48-port inline power blades *if* you set the port to 100/full, disabling
auto-negotiation.  Does this occur with other switches?  No time to
troubleshoot it.  What I did observe is that the switch will report a duplex
mismatch, and the phone itself will show running half-duplex.

However, simply setting the Cat4K port back to speed auto allows the phone
to run 100/full (most be something in its limited capacity where it must
negotiate, and if it doesn't it just falls back to half-duplex).

Here's a Cisco URL confirming they run 100/full (which is what prompted me
to set it back to auto):
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/7900/admingd/7900set.htm

TTFN,
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Homepage: http://jason.artoo.net/