From: Sim, CT (Chee Tong) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 2:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: why there are so many IPX traffic in my network [7:9045]

Hi.

I use the fluke meter and ethereal software to check the health of our
network and I found there are a lot of IPX traffic in our network.  But we
have no Novell server here and where is the IPX traffic coming from?

In the ethereal output I saw a lot of statement like
source               destination       Protocol     Info
0.0008c7280106       0.ffffffffffff    IPX SAP      Nearest Query
0.0008c7280106       0.ffffffffffff    IPX SAP      General Query
0.0008c7280106       0.ffffffffffff    IPX SAP      General Response
0.0008c7280106       0.ffffffffffff    NBIPX        Find name "our domain
name"
0.0008c7280106       0.ffffffffffff    BROWSER      Host Announcement
"workstation name" workstation, server, print queue server, NT workstation,
NT server, Potential browser.

In fluke meter, I saw these IPX are mostly by printer and printer server?
Why printer got something to do with IPX .

How to get rid of this?

Please advice
Thanks