From: cisco guru [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 1:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ping r1.ccie.com now working!! [7:9022]

Hi all,
I have a bunch of routers configured with a static hosts file with the ip
host, no ip domain-look and ip domain-name ccie.com commands configured.
When I ping r1 or ping R1 it works. But when I ping r1.ccie.com or
R1.ccie.com I get an error msg."Unrecognized host or address or protocol not

running."
I have versions 11.1(7) and 11.2(7) running. Does the ios ver. make a diff.
or is it something wrong configured on the routers?
Please advise.
Thank you.