Actually, it is "Routing TCP/IP, Vol I" that covers IS-IS.
It contains about 100 pages on this topic, going as deep as
packet formats, LSP, etc. But if you only need to prepare to BSCI,
using this book would be an overkill.
Just browse this
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ito_doc/osi_rout.htm
and this